What is the Youth Advocate Leadership Academy?
The Youth MOVE Peer Center is pleased to offer the Youth Advocate Leadership Academy (YALA) for youth and young adults seeking to build their own leadership skills to create positive change in the mental health field and world around them. This FREE opportunity includes access to Youth MOVE’s leadership curriculum in four online training sessions, self-paced learning, and peer group consults. This opportunity is open to youth and young adults ages 14 – 29, passionate about mental health, who identify as having lived experience in a youth-serving system. Youth who may be interested in working as a youth peer provider in the future, or who are currently serving as a youth peer, would be a great fit for this training opportunity.
- Identify individual capacity to lead and develop personal leadership style
- Build understanding of how personal values, culture, and experiences shape our approach to leadership
- Identify individual strengths and grow adaptive leadership skills
- Connect the value of lived experience to leadership
Benefits of Participation
- Learn principles of adaptive leadership and practice application in your work
- Access individualized coaching and resources to enhance leadership skills
- Meet and engage with a diverse peer-learning cohort
- Certificate of completion provided to build resume strength and support professional development goals at work or school
- Participate in pre-work including the Gallup Strengths Finder 2.0 Assessment
- Participate in 4 virtual learning sessions (on Zoom with webcam & audio connection)
- Complete brief thought work between each virtual session
- Complete training session evaluations
October 22nd & 23rd
November 1st, 8th, 15th, & 22nd
If you are interested in joining a FREE YALA training, please complete the Interest Form below. The Interest Form will ask about your availability to attend the above training options. A waitlist will be developed should the trainings fill and YMN will notify of future training sessions as they are scheduled.
For more information, or to participate in the Youth Advocate Leadership Academy, please complete the participant information form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.